We are currently seeking an SENIOR PROJECT ARCHITECT to join our team.
Senior Project Architect
The Senior Project Architect is responsible for overseeing and managing code and technical development of projects. This role involves facilitating coordination between the design team, the management team, consultants and any other authorities having jurisdiction over a project. The Senior Project Architect ensures quality by managing project flow and development, keeping projects on schedule and on budget, while consistently delivering a high level of quality and value.
Ideal candidates will have extensive experience with building codes over a broad range of project typologies, building types and scales, and possess strong skills for managing project documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for general oversight, production, and quality control for all phases of project documentation
- Coordinates drawings with relevant team and appropriate consultants
- Responsible for code review and code summaries, zoning and building code review and specification coordination
- Manage communication with the client, consultants and relevant team members throughout the project
- Manage integrated team work plans, schedules and reporting on a weekly basis
- Develop and maintain project specification standards across projects
- Continued development to stream line the scheduling, production and QC process
- Recognize and document conflicts as they arise and offer alternatives to resolve issues
- Resolve design and technical issues to maintain progress and quality control
- Mentor staff in technical skills development and participate in staff reviews
- Represent ORANGEWALLstudios on the job and off in a professional manner and with the highest level of integrity
Secondary Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating with the project coordinator on project workflow planning
- Other tasks as required to support and improve ORANGEWALLstudios
- New Business Development
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Needed to Perform this Role:
- Specific experience in research, academic (Higher Ed. and K-12) and interior office environments
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Committed and invested in high quality design and documentation
- Produces quality work that is complete and accurate, with a great attention to detail
- Responsible and dependable, willing to take on assignments and be accountable for results
- Strong interpersonal skills, communicates effectively, and works well with others
- Maintains a high level of productivity, can work independently, and responds to changes in priorities in an unstructured environment
- Takes initiative, offers effective solutions, and learns new methods to accomplish tasks
- Maintains a professional demeanor, takes a sense of pride in work and is responsible with confidential information
- Must be able to respond well to new situations and is open to improving process
- Requires a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Architecture
- Must be a licensed architect in the state of Oregon
- NCARB and LEED certification desired
- 15 years minimum of work experience in the management and preparation of project documents
- Must own transport or have the ability to attend meetings out of the office
This is a full-time position. We offer a competitive compensation package, with salary based on experience and attractive, ever-evolving benefits. You'll have an opportunity to shape our culture, not bend to it.
We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability, or veteran's status.
ORANGEWALLstudios was named one of Oregon's fastest growing companies in 2015 by the Portland Business Journal. We are part of the growing community at the Leftbank Project, at the nexus of bike lanes, bridges, Portland Streetcar and MAX lines. There's plenty of parking available. The coffee is locally roasted; it's likely we already have your favorite craft beer on tap. We bring our dogs to work sometimes, too. Our staff members are actively encouraged to pursue professional development opportunities and they often volunteer time and services to Portland-area causes.
If this posting has piqued your curiosity, we'd love to hear from you. Please apply by submitting your resume and PDF portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use "Applicant -- Senior Project Architect" as the subject line of your reply.
No phone calls please. Qualified candidates will be notified via email. Thanks for your interest!